Like the Libraries on Facebook!
Welcome to the UCI Libraries' Guide for Writing 39C
As a UCI student, you have tons of library resources and services available to help you complete your assignments.
This course guide will help you get started.
Need individual help? Follow the "Ask A Librarian" link at the right to contact us!
How to use this guide
Select the page for your course theme and use the resources listed in the Find Articles box to locate scholarly and popular publications on your topic.
Read the resource descriptions to determine which ones will be most useful for you.
You may need to check several places in order to locate the best information on your topic.
Ask a Librarian for help if you are frustrated or confused.
UCI Libraries Online Workshop
New to Research?
The UCI Libraries Online Workshop is for you!
- tips for selecting a topic
- a guide for starting research
- tricks for doing better searches online and in the Libraries' databases
Start at the beginning or simply review the workshops lessons that you need most.
Get one-on-one help with our Research Consultation Service
Use UCeLinks to Find Full Text
For Librarians and Instructors
Writing 39C Research Skills Session Evaluation (for Students)
Writing 39C Research Skills Session Evaluation Results (for Librarians)
- ACRL Information Literacy Competency Standards for Higher Education
- Assignment prompt: Composition 1
- Assignment prompt: Composition 2
- Assignment prompt: ePortfolio
- How to Report Statistics for W39C Workshops
- W39C Common Syllabus
- W39C Info Lit Workshop Learning Outcomes & Objectives
- W39C Info Lit Workshop Outline/Timeline
- W39C Librarian Teaching Observation Rubric
- Winsent Instructions for Classrooms
- Workshop Learning Objectives and Outcomes
Find Full-Text with UCeLinks
Study in the Libraries
The Libraries offer numerous options for safe, quiet places to study. Use the Study Space Locator to find a place to study that meets YOUR needs.