National Engineering Week is February 17-23, 2013
Celebrate by learning more and using Engineering Resources!
Happy Times to be had!
Ask A Librarian
For Chat, Text, eMail and to schedule a Research Consultation with a Librarian, use:
Mobile Access Optimized @ UCI
Increasingly many of our licensed library resources are available via mobile devices - this link will tell you what is available and on what platform.
Preparing & Making Presentations
There are many resources and tools to aid you in preparing & making effective presentations, including the speaking/diction part or the presentation part that can be done in many ways ranging from poster sessions, to powerpoint slide shows, etc. This guide will offer you direction and assistance.
Copying/Printing at the Libraries
Your UCI PhotoID will serve as your copy card for copying and xeroxing. It requires that money be added to it by inserting it in one of the Regenerator machines found throughout the UCI Libraries. Enter a few dollars at a time and add to it when it is depleted. Costs will be debited at the rate of 8 cents per copy or xerox made; 12 cents per page of printing.
The following current resources support current trends and data in Engineering Education:
Science Education Encore has two main purposes. One is to share some of the ideas and resources that have come to believe - after more than a half-century of experience in science education - are of lasting significance, or are provocative, or at least entertaining. The other is to serve as an arena for exploring some of those ideas with others.
Data about the Engineering Profession
In March 2012 the American Society of Engineering Education has issued these datasets:
- Engineering Salaries for Selected Fields
- R&D Expenditures at Universities & Colleges, by Source of Funds: 2003-2009
- Engineering’s Highest Degree Maintains its Strong Attraction
- Education Levels of S&E Workforce at DOD/DOD Labs (2008)
- Who is Publishing and Getting Patents?
- Median Faculty Salaries for Selected Fields: 2010-2011
- Advanced Technology Outpaces Other Exports
- Headcounts and Degree Production
- Lagging Engineering Fields
- The Long Term Growth of Minorities in Graduate Engineering
- Engineering Faculty Demographics: 2001-2010
- A Snapshot of ASEE’s Membership Demographics