Ask a Librarian
Ask a UC Librarian
Recommended Starting Points
You may need to check several places in order to locate the best information on your topic.
Review this short lesson if you need instructions on how to use databases to find articles.
Ask a Librarian for help if you are frustrated or confused.
- Academic Search Complete *(Scholarly and news articles on a variety of topics)
- Gale Virtual Reference Library *(Background information on all topics)
- Web of Science *(Arts and humanities, social sciences, and science)
- JSTOR *(Archive of scholarly journals in humanities, social science, and science)
- LexisNexis™ *(News, business, and legal information)
- Proquest Congressional Publications*(Government information)
- CQ Researcher *(Current and controversial issues)
- Dissertations and Theses Fulltext *(Dissertations in arts, humanities, social sciences and science)
- Google Scholar (Provides an easy way to search for scholarly literature in many disciplines. Become a power user by reviewing the Google Scholar Guide.)
Like Us on Facebook!
Like us on Facebook and learn about the secret life of the UCI Libraries.
For our international students
This guide will help you use the UC Irvine Libraries resources and services.
Explore the Libraries
Take the self-guided tours of the Langson and Ayala Libraries.
Find Full-Text with UCeLinks
The UCI Libraries subscribe to hundreds of databases. Choosing the right one will make it easier for you to find the articles and other information you need. Here are some tips on how to choose the best database for your information needs.