* UC Irvine access only
Last Updated: Jan 22, 2015
** = UC
Irvine access only
- MLA International Bibliography**
A good place to begin research about literary and film/tv works.
- Literature Resource Center (LRC)**
Good place for biographies of authors or introductions to literary works.
- Literature Criticism Online**
A good place for the beginning researcher, this database provides commentary on books and plays by the scholars of the day. Captures literary criticism and reception from when a work (play, novel, poem, literary work) was published to the present day.
- LION: Literature Online**
Full-texts of works and literary criticism and reviews for works in English are found here.
- Cambridge Companions Complete Collection**
Designed for student readers, this database provides accessible introductions to major writers, artists, philosophers, topics and periods.
- Humanities Index**
Contains citations to articles and book reviews in approximately 500 well-known scholarly journals and specialized magazines in the humanities from 1984-now
- Dissertations & Theses Abstracts and Index**
Includes citations for over 2.3 million dissertations and theses from around the world, ranging from 1861 to those accepted last semester. Most UC dissertations published after 1997 available for download.
- Literary Research Guide: An Annotated Listing of Reference Sources in English Literary Studies. 5th ed.
Print Title: Langson Reference PR 83 H34 2008
An often used and excellent annotated resource to discover what tools (databases, dictionaries, journals) are available to you for your research needs.
- Chicago Manual of Style Online
Includes both Fifteenth and Sixteenth editions.