Library Research Goals
Ability to select a topic of research interest and the country of focus.
Ability to narrow the research topic focus and address methodology, in consultation with Prof. Boellstorff
Ability to conduct Literature review- library research - with help from the Anthropology research librarian, Pauline Manaka to:
- Find and use general/reference sources to define and understand the topic/country on global HIV/AIDS
- Find Scholarly Articles for scientific studies and critical approaches research on the topic selected
- Find Books for a historic content analysis and approaches to the research topic selected
- Find international documents/statistical or government data that document policies/ observations on the topic
- Find Newspapers for current /popular information on HIV AIDS focusing on the country of choice
Ability to properly Cite the above information sources using AAA/Chicago Style.
Source: World Health Org
Dates & Expectations
PLEASE MAKE RESEARCH APPOINTMENTS
[NOTE Research appointment help made on the same is NOT always be possible; plan in advance]:
- Email, pdmanaka@uci with some details on your topic(s) of choice.
- Call (949)824-4969 to set up an appointment with the Anthropology research librarian