MUST have your article approved by the TAs
MUST include with your printed report a photocopy of the title page of the article (including the article abstract)
MUST submit an electronic copy of the text (only) to turnitin.com Course = Introduction to Social Psychology Fall 2011, password = social
Mercado, Eduardo, et al. "Sound Production by Singing Humpback Whales." Journal of the Acoustical Society of America 127, no.4 (2010): 2678-2691.
EXERCISE #1 Journal Article Evaluation and Critique
Students select a research article in social psychology, particularly from the following journals (strongly recommended):
1. Social Psychology Quarterly,
2. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology,
3. Journal of Social Psychology,
4. Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin,
5. American Sociological Review,
6. American Journal of Sociology,
7. Social Forces,
8. Journal of Social and Personal Relationships,
9. Journal of Applied Social Psychology,
10. Basic and Applied Social Psychology,
11. American Journal of Community Psychology
Others may be approved by special consent
**An article with only a URL citation is NOT acceptable.
** And NO Wikipedia citations.
SAMPLE SEARCH from American Sociological Review
SAMPLE SEARCH from
American Sociological Review
WHat is ASR?
The American Sociological Reviews is a peer reviewed Sociology by-monthly source. It "publishes work of interest to the discipline in general: new theoretical developments, results of research advancing understanding of fundamental social processes, and methodological innovations."
The journal circulates widely. It includes advertising, charts, illustrations and is published in English. It has an archive (index) online which is searchable.