Supporting the Course
You have several assignments to complete for this class. This handout will provide some enhancements to your course syllabus of resources that will support individual work and assignments. You will find resources located at both the Langson Library and the Ayala Science Library, with many available online as long as you use VPN when connecting from off-campus.
I am very willing to meet with you about your research papers and look forward to your contacting me for an appointment. My contact information is on the right side-bar.
1. Information about local planning meetings - several options
- County Level - check out the Orange County Government Information Subject Page under Departments & Agencies and select Planning - the tab "Hearings and Meetings" takes you to the Committee Page and if you select or click on any of those listed there will be a tab section "Schedules" and agendas and minutes are posted, although many are dreadfully out of date
- for specific city planning commission meetings - go to roster of OC cities and select the city you want and then drill down to the Planning Commission - some have links or tabs for calendars which include all council, commission meetings and special task force meetings, others have it listed under Departments and then list all their open meetings. Again, information varies and the currency of agendas and minutes is equally undependable. You can also call the Department or Commission directly and inquire.
- for Coastal Commission, Association of Governments, Transportation, Air Quality and other regional Governing Board meeting schedules and information, check the websites or contact the offices by phone.
2. Compile summaries of readings - for books you may find it insightful to read some of the reviews submitted by other scholars in the literature. The major indexing tools that cover these reviews are:
3. Major Research Papers - go to tabs for Conducting Literature Reviews and Special Resources
Ask A Librarian
For Chat, Text, eMail and to schedule a Research Consultation with a Librarian, use:
Library Hours have changed! Please consult the Library Hours before making a disappointing trip. During Fall Quarter 2012, basically the hours are:
Mon-Thurs from 8a-11p; Fri from 8a-5p and Sat from 1-5p & Sun from 1-9p; Gateway Commons is open from 10a-3am; The Libraries will be closed on Monday, Nov 12 for Veterans Day and Nov 22-24 for Thanksgiving recess and will reopen on Sun, Nov 26
Office: Ayala Science Library 228
Connect from Off Campus
Researching from home? Use the VPN Links below to access our databases. You have two choices - 1) the web version for occasional searching and 2) downloading the client software or link that is best if you use the same computer all the time and engage in a fair amount of literature searching. For additional information, contact NACS at 949-824-2222 - open 24/7