If you leave the Libraries late at night, make sure you have a walking companion or call the Safety Escorts (949-824-7233) to accompany you to your car or campus residence.
Ask a Librarian
Use this service to CHAT, TEXT, E-MAIL, or to Schedule a Research Consultation with a Librarian
Copying/Printing at the Libraries
Use your UCI PhotoID for copying and printing. Add money to your ID at Regenerator machines found throughout the UCI Libraries. Copies are .10 per page; printing .12 per page; color printing is .50.
The Honors Seminar allows you to engage in a research project under the supervision of a faculty advisor. You are expected to present your research project and write it up as a "thesis" or major paper.
By being a member of the Seminar, you have extended borrowing privileges that allow you to borrow books from both the Langson and Science Library for a quarter. This is the same borrowing terms as what Graduate Students have which is 90 days or 10 weeks from both the Langson Library and Ayala Science Library. Your individual records have been changed to reflect this.
You have been assigned a Liaison Librarian. We recommend that you contact your assigned librarian and schedule a Research Consultation.
Things To Do
Getting everything done on time - assuming that is the goal, it is recommended that you engage in the following tasks:
- Plan your project with your advisor
- Prepare an outline of your work and final project
- Meet with Liaison Librarian as needed
- Conduct a literature search
- Determine what style manual you will use for writing your paper - perhaps APA - and learn how you can do this efficiently
- Consider learning how to use Bibliographic Management Software to organize your citations and be able to cite them accurately and consistently.
- Consider ways to present information - powerpoint, handouts, poster session, to make it visually as well as content rich, etc
- Update information as needed
Office: Ayala Science Library 228
Education & Outreach
University of California Irvine
Education & Outreach
Julia Gelfand (PPD, SE General, allied health, urban & regional planning, applied sciences, environmental sciences, public policy, technological influences over lifespan) - Office: Science Library 228 Voice: 949-824-4971 firstname.lastname@example.org