THE DASA BANNER
THE UCI LIBRARIES & DASA LIBRARIAN
2010 FALL DASA GRADUATE STUDENTS!!
REVISED SINCE THE CLASS, TO ASSIST WITH "ANY TOPIC"
CHOICES-- SEE ADDED TABS on POPULATION and GIS
IL GOALS for the Library Session
At the end of this library instruction lesson, the class should be able to identify, find, use and evaluate the following types of resources:
- Reference Sources for demography
- Journal Articles using databses searching
- Newspaper/News sources
- Statistics/ Statisitcal resources
- Census Information
- Data resources
- Web sources, including especially open access information
- How to cite and write bibliographies resources using the ASA style
These are goals set according to the Library's information literacy ideals based on my understanding of the level at which new graduate students in the DASA program at UC Irvine are admitted. I presume that you have completed the statistical requirements of the program. For more information, please checkout the UCI DASA Program site.
While at UCI, however, DASA graduate students will need to learn new data resources in the field of demography; new research tools useful for the career of speacialized researchers.