- SciFinder Web (login) *
SciFinder Scholar is now available on the Web for current students, faculty, and staff at all UC campuses. One time registration is required for new users, then login and search. Off-campus access requires use of the Cisco VPN software
- SciFinder Scholar Web (registration details) *
Web Version of SciFinder and SciFinder Scholar released for UC campuses! Requires Cisco VPN client
for off-campus access. One time registration is required for new users, then login and search. The SFS client version will be retired as of June 30, 2011.
- Knovel *
Online Interactive Books and Databases a large number of online science and engineering handbooks.
- CHEMnetBASE *
Physical property data from Combined Chemical Dictionary (CCD) and The Handbook of Chemistry & Physics
- Reaxys (1700s - present) *
An authoritative reference source on chemical properties and reactions which aims to be the synthesis resource for organic and inorganic chemistry. Reaxys is a combination of three chemistry databases: Beilstein (organic), Gmelin (inorganic), and Patent Chemistry.
- Web of Science (1900-present) *
The ISI® Science Citation Index Expanded provides access to current and retrospective bibliographic information, author abstracts, and cited references found in approximately 8,060 major journals across 173 disciplines, to 1900.
- SCOPUS (1996 - ) *
Scopus is a large abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed literature and quality web sources with smart tools to track, analyze and visualize research.
* Over 20,500 titles from 5,000 publishers worldwide
* Contains 49 million records, 78% with abstracts going back to 1996
* Includes over 5.3 million conference papers
* Provides 100% Medline coverage
* Updated daily
- Compendex (Engineering Index) (1863-present) *
Citations with abstracts to worldwide literature in engineering and technology excluding patents Subject: Technology -- Abstracts; Engineering -- Abstracts; Technology -- Indexes; Engineering -- Indexes
- Protocols Online *
- JoVE: Journal of Experimental Visualization *
Journal of Visualized Experiments (JoVE) is a peer reviewed, online journal devoted to the publication of biological research in a video format.
- Cambridge Structural Database - downloadable client *
The complete packages are several Gigabytes in size and requires site and confirmation codes to register the product after it is installed and for the quarterly updates issued by Cambridge Crystallographic Data Centre.
- Cambridge Structural Database - Web version *
Web CSD has a built-in editor for structure/similarity searching and structures can be viewed in JMol or AstexViewer. These all run on Java so it may be a bit slow to load. You also have to allow for popups and accept a digital certificate.
Free, web-based search system that provides access to structure and nomenclature authority files used for the identification of chemical substances cited in National Library of Medicine (NLM) databases.
- Comprehensive Organometallic Chemistry III *
Presents a comprehensive overview of the major developments in the field since 1982 providing general and significant insights. Highlights the expansion of applications in organometallic chemistry with a strong organic synthesis focus. Provides a structur
- Entrez, The Life Sciences Search Engine
Cross-database searching for Entrez from NCBI.
- Fieser and Fieser's Reagents for Organic Synthesis *
Online database version of the standard reference work describing reagents of use to organic chemist
- e-EROS *
electronic Encyclopedia of Reagents for Organic Synthesis
- Finding Physical and Chemical Properties
Online and print reference sources for physical and chemical property information.
- Kirk-Othmer Encyclopedia of Chemical Technology *
- Merck Index of Chemicals and Biologicals. 14th edition. *
An encyclopedia of chemicals, drugs, and biologicals with over 10,000 monographs describing significant chemicals, drugs, and biological substances. Contains an organic name reactions section comprised of 446 named reactions and an index.
- Lange's handbook of chemistry *
- Landolt-Börnstein *
More than 160,000 Compounds are displayed with 330,000 Links to physical data. Most efficent is a full text search, scanning compound identifications, physical property descriptions and book volume information.
- NIST Chemistry Webbook
This site provides thermochemical, thermophysical, and ion energetics data compiled by NIST under the Standard Reference Data Program.
- NTRL (National Technical Report Literature) *
The National Technical Information Service acquires, indexes, abstracts, and archives the largest collection of U.S. government-sponsored technical reports in existence. The NTRL offers access to these authenticated government technical reports to libraries and technical information users.
- Organic Reactions *
Online access not available at this time. Print volumes in Ayala Science Library Drum QD251 .O7 v. 1 - Organic Reactions is the definitive resource for synthetic transformations, with an emphasis on preparative aspects. In addition to providing reaction scope, stereochemical aspects, and side reactions, a selection of representative experimental conditions are given.
- Organic Syntheses
Annual collections of detailed, reliable, and carefully checked procedures for the synthesis of organic compounds.
- ACersNIST Phase Diagrams Database *
Phase Online functionality includes:
* Search commentaries and diagrams by chemical system, published author’s last name, volume, language, publications year, and figure number.
* View diagram’s chemical system, figure number, figure notes, references, commentary and footnotes.
* Manipulate diagrams with zoom in/out, lever rule, curve follow, mirror, Mol% to Wt% or Wt% to Mol% and built-in calculator.
PubChem is a component of NIH's Molecular Libraries Roadmap Initiative. It provides information on the biological activities of small molecules. 12 Videos on using PubChem
- Science of Synthesis *
- Ullmann's Encyclopedia of Industrial Chemistry *
- Links for Chemists
Chemistry section of the WWW Virtual Library
- Nanotechnology and Materials Technology