Index to the Biology Subject Guide. This guide contains both UCI Libraries' restricted resources* as well as publicly accessible ones.
Find Articles: Directs you to the various databases and websites to locate online journal articles.
Find Books: Search for books in UCI's local ANTPAC catalog or in the UC system's Next Generation Melvyl catalog. You will also find links for online books and electronic book collections.
Reference Works: Resources that provide an overview or a supplementary addition to a particular topic.
Resources by Department: Links to resources for the different departments of the School of Biological Sciences.
Protocols: View online protocols for cell biology, molecular biology, and neuroscience.
Online Biology Books- On-line pre-1923 collection of biological and agricultural texts.
If you have any questions regarding how to use or how to find a particular resource, feel free to contact me.
Key Biology Sites
- BIOSIS Previews* (1926-present) Biology and Life Sciences articles
- PubMed* (1950-present) Medicine and Life Sciences articles
- Web of Science* (1900-present) Life sciences, Science, and Engineering articles
- SCOPUS* (1823-present, full records 1995-present) Database of peer-reviewed literature in the fields of science, technology, medicine, social sciences and arts and humanities.
- Zoological Record* (1864-present) Zoology articles and book chapters
- Ecology Abstracts* (1982-present) Ecology articles
- Environmental Sciences and Pollution Management* (1967-present) Ecology and environmental science articles
- Agricola* (1970-present) Agriculture and animal sciences articles